namdstats gives nan's in tutorial output

From: Jake Michaelson (jjmichael_at_cc.usu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 10:40:48 CST

Hi all,

I'm running NAMD 2.6b1 on Ubuntu 5.10 - I've been working through the
NAMD tutorial and on the first time using namdstats it gives:

jake_at_flint:~/Desktop$ namdstats from 101 energies.log
N 0
BOND nan
ANGLE nan
DIHED nan
IMPRP nan
ELECT nan
VDW nan
BOUNDARY nan
MISC nan
KINETIC nan
TOTAL nan
TEMP nan
TOTAL2 nan
TOTAL3 nan
TEMPAVG nan

on both my generated output and the example output from the tutorial
files. I'm using the version of namdstats currently available in the
utilities section of the website.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I've looked at the files and
the data is definitely there. I've also had similar problems getting
namdplot to work and it makes me wonder whether these scripts have
simply never been updated to work with later versions of NAMD...?

Thanks,

Jake