question on membrane protein simulation

From: Longzhu Shen (lzshen_at_emails.bjut.edu.cn)
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 11:04:17 CST

Am Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2006 10:56 schrieb Longzhu Shen:
 Dear All,

 I am trying simulating membrane protein with NAME, following the steps
 indicated by http://mccammon.ucsd.edu/~rlaw/ctbp_workshop_rlaw.htm,
 I was encountered with the problems below. Could anyone give me some help?
 Many thanks.

 The question is:

 I inserted the protein into the membrane, combined them together, added the
 solvation and ions. All went smoothly. But after minimization, I found the
 protein moved out of the membrane from its original place--in the center
 of the member. What's more, the membrane fell into four parts and most
 water molecules moved to one the end of the model. In addition, I only ran
minimization on the membrane alone. The model also fell apart.

 Sincerely,

 Longzhu Shen