Re: reading a binary restart file

From: Leandro Martínez (leandromartinez98_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 16:10:31 CST

Thanks for the response Joshua. No, the size of the x, y, z arrays is not
an issue. The coordinates are read correctly with double precision up to
that atom (I have seen them). I'm
quite sure the .coor is writ en in double precision. I have also written
a program to read dcd files, in those the coordinates are in single
precision
indeed. I have made some other tets and it seems that the number
is not 2241 for all coor files, but it is something like the number of
atoms/24,
but I'm not sure. The second line of the coor file may be read, but the
numbers read in single or double precision make no sense.

By the way, could you write a fortran program that is able also to write dcd
files? I was able to read them, but I would like to write them as well, but
I didn't succeed in that.

Thanks,
Leandro.