RE: deformations in a water box during equilibration in NAMD

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 09:57:39 CST

If you simulate a pure water box made from Solvate, I don't expect it would
deform under constant pressure. However, with a protein, there are still
many empty spaces after solvating, possibly inside the protein and
definitely around it. Hence, water has to fill those spaces during
equilibration, and if you're starting with CV, you won't have enough water
in total to fill the volume.