Re: plz help!!

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2006 - 10:36:28 CDT

Dear Harish,
this can be done fairly easily in VMD; you can make a selection for the
residue you're moving, and then use the VMD matrix routines
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node174.html) to
calculate the place you want to move it to. Once you have that point,
figure out the difference between the center of mass of your selection
and the point you want to move it to, and move it with the $sel moveby
command.
Peter