Re: splitting up long run leads to very different DNA conformation in E field

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2006 - 11:49:28 CDT

A couple things I notice...

Are you sure you sourced the right input files on this run? I notice
you have output name *c but inputname *a. Maybe you meant *b? Also,
while you didn't minimize here, could it be possible you minimized
again when you did your second run?

Finally, it's quite possible that it's just normal. Most of the
deviation comes from a dip in the distance early on; otherwise, the
lines are parallel. That indicates to me either a normal fluctuation
or a problem in restarting. You can check your output in VMD first
to see if anything looks unusual. And try running the shorter jobs
again, even with the same configuration files if you want, but break
it up differently, say like 600, 600, 600 ps.