Re: NAMDenergy

From: Mark Abraham (mark.abraham_at_anu.edu.au)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2006 - 08:43:06 CDT

> Maybe this person did that already...
>
> Richard

Maybe they did.... but all the evidence they gave me was they were
off-topic, they knew they were off-topic, they were trying to use a tool
for molecular visualization for "energy analysis", and they appeared not
to understand how to import a trajectory into VMD (I can't be sure what
they mean by "this gui", however) - when that topic has a section in the
VMD user's guide and is basic usage technique.

424 other NAMD-L subscribers ignored them for 10 hours, and for six hours
more before your reply... all I did was politely point them towards
avenues of inquiry that were more likely to be fruitful. I think it would
be out-of-line to imply that I acted inappropriately in this case. I have
no obligation to be exaggeratedly friendly, or to assume a certain level
of knowledge in the other subscribers, and I did act to help them.

Mark