Boiling temperature of water.

From: Boyang Wang (pkuwangboyang_at_yahoo.com.cn)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2006 - 19:20:09 CDT

Hi all,

 I have a quick question. When I run NPT simulation of liquid water by NAMD, the water box does not boil into gas phase, even at about 400K or higher. Why is it so?

 I am puzzled. Is that due to lack of hydrogen bonding?

 Simulation details:

 A water box is equilibrated for 100ps after minimization. The TIP3 model was used for the water molecules. Langevin Piston method was used, with a pressure 1.0 bar. Langevin dynamics was applied, with damping coefficient 0.01, constant temperature 500K. PME periodic electrostatics was also used.

 Thanks for your time and have a nice summer.

 Boyang.

 Mp3疯狂搜-新歌热歌高速下