Re: make the helix longer

From: lily jin (lily1907_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 15:19:57 CDT

Thanks for trying help. I want to keep the existing helix, and add one more turn at its end. For example:
  the sequence is

  1 TRYQQIDEDEAALFLTTTTKGKLTVERKTEMKTSGSTIK
  the existing structure is
  1 cccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhccccccccccc
  I want to make a tructure like:
  1 cccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhcccccc
  where 'c' means loop and 'h' mean helix
  I want to keep the structure for the first 28 residues intact, but the next four residues to continue the helix structure.
  Am I making it clear? Please let me know if still not. Thanks a lot!

hl332_at_drexel.edu wrote:i did not actually understand your question clearly. can you explain a bit more about it. If you want to remove a helix totally, you can always do it changing respective pdb file. You can delete whatever you wish to. But i guess you are thinking something else.please let me know.

Harish Vashisth
Graduate Student(Ph.D)
CAT-361,Department of Chemical & Biological Engg.
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
office: 215-895-5823