Re: custom pulling path

From: LEWYN LI (ll2150_at_columbia.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 13:52:00 CDT

Raul,

         I have always shied away from playing with the source code,
because I never knew if I have inadvertantly introduced errors into the
program.

         On a more theoretical level: since work is not a state function,
its value depends on the speed at and the path along which you pull the
ligand out of the protein. Therefore, it would be tricky to compare the
work value from simulations to experimental data. You could try to apply
the "Jarzynski Equality" and calculate the free energy, but this might
require many, many trajectories (depending on how far the system is out
of equilibrium and other considerations) and its convergence is difficult
to verify.

         Hope this helps!

                                                         LEWYN