different cutoff for elecstrostatic and VDW interactions

From: Hyonseok Hwang (danggi_at_northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2006 - 12:53:29 CDT

Dear NAMD users,

As in the title, I would like to use different cutoff for electrostatic
and VDW potentials. As I look at the current version of NAMD (2.6),
however, it seems that the same cutoff and switch distance should be
used. I found out that in old versions such as 1.5 or 2.0, there were
parameters such as "eleccutoff", "elecswitchdist", "vdwcutoff",
"vdwswitchdist", which enable us to use different cutoff for
electrostatic and VDW interaction. I'm wondering if these parameters are
still available or there are other ways to to that.

Thanks a lot in advance!

-Hyon