Re: NAMD-L: question about harmonic constraints

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2006 - 17:41:08 CDT

The solution to your problem is to use SMD for one part and tcl forces
for the other.

For example, you can use SMD to restrain one part of the protein with
zero velocity along the axis of pulling (please remember, it can only
be one axis, x, y or z) and then use tcl forces to pull the other part
at constant velocity.

I've attached a script I used to pull a small deca-alanine helix in the
-z direction at constant velocity. I pulled the center of mass of the
10 C-alpha atoms. This along with the NAMD user guide section on
tclforces should give you a good start in using it for your purposes.