Re: other crystal types in NAMD ?

From: Sterling Paramore (paramore_at_hec.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 14:16:07 CDT

Actually, NAMD can do all of the standard crystal types, as they are
isomorphic with parallelepiped boundary conditions which satisfy certain
criteria. Check out the gromacs manual (page 13):
http://www.gromacs.org/documentation/paper_manuals.php, or the DLPOLY
manual (page 167):
http://www.cse.clrc.ac.uk/msi/software/DL_POLY/MANUALS/USRMAN2.16.pdf.
They both have usefull discussions concerning this topic and about how
to pick the basis vectors. There are some bizarre boundary conditions
which cannot be reproduced with a parallelepiped (e.g., spherical), but
most of the time you shouldn't need to worry about it.

-Sterling