Re: Re£º Re: how to constrain a dihedralqangle=3F?=

From: Marcos Sotomayor (sotomayo_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2006 - 16:36:28 CST

It may be easier to use tcl forces to add an harmonic constraint to a
particular dihedral. Look at the NAMD user's guide:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.6b1/ug/node32.html#SECTION00096700000000000000

At the end of the section "Tcl Forces and Analysis" there is a script that
does that (Be careful with IDs of atoms, as NAMD labels them
starting from 1 and VMD starting from 0).

Otherwise, you would need to modify your psf file and parameter file (see
detailed descriptions of both at the end of the NAMD tutorial,
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/namd/namd-tutorial-unix-html/index.html
)

Marcos

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, xiaojing gong wrote:

> Thank you for your advice, if I want to constrain the dihedral
  CB--CG--CD--NE of Arg residue. Do I need to define a new bond ? would
  you give me more details about the technique . I am a fresh man in this
  field, I really need someone to give me more details.