RE: starting simulation in charmm, continuing in NAMD ?

From: EPF \(Esben Peter Friis\) (EPF_at_novozymes.com)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 14:35:18 CST

Hi Himanshu

I don't know if you can use the Charmm restart files in NAMD, but most likely not. Is it possible for you to use charmm for writing out a crd/psf file pair for the final state of your charmm simulation? If so, you can continue by converting the charmm crd/psf pair to a NAMD pdb/psf pair using the two scripts at

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/wiki/index.cgi?NamdAndCHARMM

Best wishes

Esben