Re: vmd-l: 64 bit NAMD on AIX and CatDCD

From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 23 2006 - 13:21:14 CST

Hi Josh,
  Just last week I added a new #define of "_LARGE_FILES" which seems to be
what the new AIX 5.x headers need. The IBM docs from AIX 4.x suggested that
LFS support on AIX keyed off of "_LARGE_FILE", but this has either changed
or that IBM documentation was erroneous. I'm testing the new plugin builds
with this new flag presently and I expect the 32-bit builds of VMD and CatDCD
to use LFS 64-bit file support in the next builds I post later this week.
I believe the change I made has already fixed the problem, but I'll need to
do more testing to be sure of this.

In the short term, using the 64-bit VMD and CatDCD builds as you suggest
is is a perfectly reasonable workaround for those that have 64-bit
processors in their AIX machine.