Re: Reading from DCD file and running MD

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_uhp-nancy.fr)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 16:19:08 CST

Hi Shahid,

How about a script that would:
* generate 20 NAMD config files from a template (using sed)
* invoke VMD with a small Tcl script that reads the DCD and writes one NAMD
binary coordinate file for each frame
* run NAMD with each config file

This way, you can run all the simulations in parallel on a cluster.

If you need help on how to perform any of these steps, many people on the list
(including myself) can help you.

If you specifically need to do that in a single NAMD job, it may still be
possible, but it probably won't be as flexible.

Best,
Jerome

--
Jérôme Hénin
Equipe de Dynamique des Assemblages Membranaires