how is NAMD output written in parallel mode?

From: Ravinder Abrol (abrol_at_wag.caltech.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 02:09:38 CST

Hi All,

I am running NAMD using multiple processors and want to find out
how the output (e.g. the dcd file) is written. More specifically,
if only one processor writes the output how do I find out which one
writes it and if there is a way for me specify that.

The reason for this question is that since we are running NAMD on a cluster
of processors, each of which has a temp area not readable by other processors,
we want to see if we can utilize this temp space till the job is finished.
The size of dcd files for >10ns simulations reaches >5GB and if we can
use the temp space of one processor, that will help us greatly.

Thanks,
Ravi

--
 Ravinder Abrol