Re: The vector direction in SMD

From: Marcos Sotomayor (sotomayo_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 15:29:52 CST

you could also use atomselections and tcl commands to get the appropriate
vector as in the third part of the NAMD tutorial

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/namd/namd-tutorial-html/index.html

For instance, you can type in the Tk Console (Extensions menu of VMD)

set lig [atomselect top "chain X"]
set cav [atomselect top "resid Y"]
set ligcm [measure center $lig]
set cavpos [lindex [$cav get {x y z}] 0]
vecnorm [vecsub $cavpos $ligcm]

Where X is the chain label of the ligand and Y is some residue close to
the other point.

Marcos