NAMD distribute

From: Dan Strahs (dstrahs_at_pace.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 20:28:49 CDT

Hello:

I have a bit of an odd idea, but it struck me as I walked past a bank of
computers all running Folding_at_Home. Has anyone done anything towards
integrating NAMD with distributed grid computing methods? While this is
clearly feasible, is it useful?

Perhaps a NAMD based screen saver, working with the BOINC (Berkeley Open
Infrastucture for Network Computing)? Just a thought - I think I could
harvest some significant CPU cycles if this pans out - the source of the
CPU cycles I hope to claim is currently in the top 10% of Folding_at_Home
teams.

Dan Strahs