Re: Pressure Profile Simulation

From: Nicolas Sapay (n.sapay_at_ibcp.fr)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 04:32:40 CDT

Dear Yong,
You are right about the computation of nonbonded component in the
pressure profile. Additionally, you have to disable the PME calculation
and then use a long nonbonded cutoff.
Additionally, I also have a question to the NAMD community. I am trying
to compute the pressure profile along the normal to a POPC bilayer. The
simulation has been compute with wrapall "on" and COMmotion "no" at
constant pressure and temperature.Consequently, the COM of the membrane
moves around the z axis. How the pressure profile computation takes into
account this motion? Should I systematically re-center my system on the
membrane COM?

Thanks a lot!

Nicolas Sapay

--
  Ph.D sudent in structural bioinformatics
  > contact :
    7, Passage du Vercors      Tel: +33 (0)4 72 72 26 46
    69367-F Lyon cedex 07      Fax: +33 (0)4 72 72 26 04
    France                     Web: http://pbil.ibcp.fr/