compiling NAMD: plugins

From: Kyle Gustafson (kgustaf_at_umd.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 19:53:01 CDT

Hello,

I'm hoping someone in the NAMD development group can help me
with NAMD installation. I'm on a cluster of opterons running
SuSE 2.4.21-143-numa and MPI, trying to install NAMD. I am
able to get charm working on multiple processors using ./build
net-linux opteron (sacrificing my MPI) and I am using ./config
tcl fftw plugins Linux-amd64-g++
The make fails when it tries to find the plugins, which I can
see are in the plugins directory I downloaded from the UIUC
libraries. I have tried editing arch/Linux-amd64.plugins to
point to the plugins:

PLUGINARCH=LINUXAMD64
include .rootdir/arch/All-Unix.plugins

which failed, and then I tried changing .rootdir to be more
explicit.

Do you know what I might try next?

--Kyle

Kyle B. Gustafson