Re: Error on Solaris

From: Marcos Sotomayor (sotomayo_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 17:53:52 CDT

Hi Tirath,

Note that, as explained in the NAMD tutorial (section 2.1.4), the
simulation is set to run for a "long time" (1 ns) so as to sample well the
quantity of interest. This obviously will take time in a single processor!
Thus, the respective instruction does not have an asterisk (i.e., is not
recommended for a first try with the tutorial, as explained at the
beginning of the chapter; its better look at the provided output files).

The simulation may have filled your disk space, however it would be good
to see the log file it generated in order to understand the error...

Marcos