Re: large vanderwalls energy during minimization

From: Leonardo Sepulveda Durán (leonardosepulveda_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 16:42:15 CDT

Did you assembled collagen in a hexagonal close packing structure....
Are you meaning that your protein is the result of a docking of a lot
of collagen segments????? maybe that is the problem. Check with vmd if
vdw radii of diferent chains have clashes. And using PBC would be a
better option to solvate a long molecule as collagen... The other
clue: minimize solvent first and maintain structure fixed with atom
forces off, maybe that will help to know if the problem comes from the
protein or from the solvent...And other thing... How many atoms does
your system have ????