Re: Duplicate lines in the output file !

From: Rene Salmon (rsalmon_at_tulane.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 10:13:59 CDT

Hi list,

Wanted to add a bit more info to the problem we are having.

> Thanks again for all the responses. I am
> getting duplicate lines in the output file. Every
> line, eg. energies, pressures, etc. is written twice.
> This also holds for the startup information, although
> the lines arent exactly synchronized. It seems like
> two processors are writing to this file. Has anyone
> else had this problem before ?

This duplicate line printing problem started to happen last week when we
recompiled NAMD because we wanted to add TCL support to it.

We are running NAMD on a Clustermatic-5 AMD64 linux cluster.

We downloaded the latest version of charm++ from the nightly site
http://charm.cs.uiuc.edu/autobuild/cur/

We also added the tcl support for it and recompiled everything. Everything
compiled fine no errors.

Could this duplicate line printing be a bug?

Thanks for any help on this.

Rene