running VMD from a script?

From: Samuel Flores (samuel.flores_at_yale.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 18:22:23 CST

Howdy all,

Many thanks for the multiple responses I received about the tutorial files!
I have completed the tutorial, for which I am most grateful.

I'm wondering -- is it possible to run VMD commands from a shell script? Of
course, there exist tcl scripts, which can be run inside VMD with a few
mouse clicks, or perhaps by typing a command into the vmd console. But I'd
like to not have to do anything at all interactively, since I have batch
jobs that will have to be run 100 times with slight variations.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Sam