Re: Problems with the nodelist file !

From: Edward Patrick Obrien (edobrien_at_Glue.umd.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 17:22:02 CST

Hi Parag,
   This has always worked for me:

1. In file called "nodelist", located in working directory:

group main
   host n1
   host n1
   host n2
   host n2

2. to run

charmrun namd2 ++nodelist nodelist +p4 file.namd >& file.log

3. If running with PBS queing system, I also specify the nodes:

> qsub -l nodes=n1+n2 file.pbs

Note on step 1:
   This example runs on 2 nodes using 4 processors (2 cpu's per node).
It is necessary to duplicate the computer name to specify that 2 cpu's
will be used on one node.
   If you have 1 cpu per node, but still running parallel, the nodelist
file should instead contain:

group main
   host n1
   host n2

and step 2 would be:

charmrun namd2 ++nodelist nodelist +p2 file.namd >& file.log

Hope that helps,
Ed