Re: increase in energy over time

From: Edward Patrick Obrien (edobrien_at_Glue.umd.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 11:01:53 CST

Hi Peter,
   If you are running periodic boundary conditions I don't think there
should be a boundary energy. If you run non-periodic boundary conditions
then I believe that these additional energy terms are added to the total
energy.

   300 K is roughly "room temperature", which I believe is the temperature
many in vitro expermiments are carried out at.

   Your system will likely not change much in simulations between 300 and
310, unless your protein is cooperative to an extreme. So run at either
temperature.

   Many of the questions you are asking are important to know, and
understand. I suggest you read the documentation on the NAMD site, and do
the online tutorials so you can get a good understanding of how to carry
out MD sims. Also, there are also excellent books by Frenkel, and Leach
that are a good introduction.

Regards,
Ed