Re: clustermatic 4 and 5 Namd/charm

From: Gengbin Zheng (gzheng_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 15:15:45 CST

Hi Rene,

Good to hear Charm++ and NAMD runs on opteron with clustermatic 5.

For fftw support, you need to download fftw version 2 instead of version
3 in order to compile NAMD.
And you need to compile tcl in its static form (.a) instead of shared
lib for NAMD.
For detailed instruction on how to configure and compile it, please see
my NAMD wiki at
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/wiki/index.cgi?NamdCompile

Alternatively, I think there are binaries on NAMD website you can
download for the fftw and tcl precompiled for opteron.

Gengbin