Juan Roberto Perilla
Home Department: Beckman Institute
Office Address: Beckman Institute, Room 3143
Office Phone: (217) 244-7403
Email Address: juan [at] ks [dot] uiuc [dot] edu
- Ph. D in Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry
Johns Hopkins University - School of Medicine, 2011
- B.S. Physics
Universidad Nacional de Colombia, 2004
- The molecular architecture of HIV
- Molecular mechanisms of cell-signaling processes.
- Mechanisms of folding and signaling function by membrane receptors.
- Conformational and phase changes in biomolecules.
- Protein-protein interactions in biological membranes.
- Theoretical and computational methods.
- Medical imaging for treatment and diagnosis
- Mature HIV-1 capsid structure by cryo-electron microscopy and all-atom molecular dynamics.
Gongpu Zhao* , Juan R. Perilla*, Ernest L. Yufenyuy*, Xin Meng, Bo Chen, Jiying Ning, Jinwoo Ahn, Angela Gronenborn, Klaus Schulten, Christopher Aiken, and Peijun Zhang.
Nature , in press
- Molecular dynamics simulations of transitions for ECD Epidermal Growth Factor
Receptors show key differences between human and drosophila forms of the
Juan R. Perilla, Daniel Leahy, and Thomas Woolf. Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics, in press
- Towards the prediction of order parameters from molecular dynamics simulations in proteins
Juan R. Perilla and Thomas B. Woolf. Journal of Chemical Physics , 2012, 136 , 164101
- Computing ensembles of transitions from stable states: Dynamic importance sampling
Juan R. Perilla; Oliver Beckstein; Elizabeth J. Denning; Thomas B. Woolf. Journal of Computational Chemistry, 2011, 32, 196-209
Zipping and Unzipping of Adenylate Kinase: Atomistic Insights into the Ensemble of Open <-> Closed Transitions
Oliver Beckstein; Elizabeth J. Denning; Juan R. Perilla; Thomas B. Woolf. Journal of Molecular Biology, 2009, 394, 160-176
- Quark top production and detection in ATLAS(LHC). Revista Colombiana de Física, 2006, 38, 1276-1280
- Del socavón a la vida (From the cave to life). Baseline to the eradication and prevention of child labor in artisan minery in Colombia. 2003, ISBN: 958-701-350-6.
CHARMM (Chemistry at HARvard Macromolecular Mechanics)
Lectures and Presentations
- Structural Analysis of Supramolecular Assemblies by Hybrid Methods. 2013 Keystone Symposia, Lake Tahoe, CA
- CUDA Research Fast Forward. NVIDIA Booth, SuperComputing 2011, Seattle, WA
- Towards finding a better reaction coordinate: NtrC and DIMS. Biophysical Society 55th Annual Meeting, 2011. Baltimore, MD
- Dynamic importance sampling calculations on ECD Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor conformational changes. Biophysical Society 55th Annual Meeting, 2011. Baltimore, MD
- Computing Transitions in Macromolecular Systems: Dynamic Importance Sampling. Biophysical Society 53th Annual Meeting, 2009. Boston, MA
- Understanding the conformational changes in Ca-APTase using Coarse-grained and All-atom simulations with Dynamic Importance Sampling. Biophysical Society 53th Annual Meeting, 2009. Boston, MA
- Language Mapping in Multilingual Patients: Electrocorticography and Cortical Stimulation During Naming.
Mackenzie C. Cervenka, Dana F. Boatman-Reich, Julianna Ward, Piotr J. Franaszczuk, and Nathan E. Crone. Frontiers in human neuroscience, 2011, 5:13
- Choices of references used for EEG measures of effective connectivity to localize seizure foci. American Epilepsy Society, 2011. Baltimore, MD
- Propagation of Intracranial Electroencephalographic Activity between Neocortex and Subcortical Structures as an Indicator of Seizure Onset. American Epilepsy Society, 2010. San Antonio, TX