Swing, Lindy, Shag, Balboa classes at the UPD

From: Valentin Prisecaru (prisecar@UIUC.EDU)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 08:20:26 CST

It’s time to SWING at the Urbana Park District!
I will be teaching some classes at the UPD. Below is the info.

Val

Swing Dancing I
This class will focus on leading & following, turns & combination moves
in the style of dance of the Swing Era. Please remember to wear cool
and comfortable clothes. $27 per person, partners not a requirement.

Mondays
8:30 to 9:30 p.m.
April 3 to May 8

Swing Dancing II
Learn new moves. Rhythm, style and tempo will be discussed and
incorporated into the class. Pre-requisite: Swing Dancing I or
equivalent. Please remember to wear cool and comfortable clothes. $27
per person, partners not a requirement.

Wednesdays
8:30 to 9:30 p.m.
April 5 to May 10

Beg. Lindy Hop, Shag, & Balboa
This new edition to the UPD Swing lineup will focus on the three main
styles of dance of the 20s-40s Swing Era. The Lindy Hop, the original
dance from which swing evolved, will be taught as well as the Collegiate
Shag and the Balboa, two nationally renown Lindy/Swing offshoots. After
decades of "swing"-bernation, it's incredible how these dances are once
again becoming popular. Instructor Valentin Prisecaru will re-introduce
you to these energetic dance forms accompanied by swingin' Big Band
music! Please remember to wear cool and comfortable clothes. $30 per
person, partners not a requirement.

Thursdays
7:30 to 8:45 p.m.
April 6 to May 11

All classes at the Urbana Park District’s
Phillips Recreation Center
505 W. Stoughton
Urbana, IL 61801
Call 367-1544 to get swingin’ NOW!