Muchas gracias, milongueros

From: TangoLeon@AOL.COM
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 13:01:42 CST

Mis queridos milongueros, muchas gracias para una buena milonga.

We had 48 people at the milonga on Saturday, including 38 at the workshop.
The continued excellent turnout at the Phillips Center milongas proves that
Argentine tango is alive and growing in Champaign-Urbana.

Please provide me with any feedback on the milongas.

I would like to extend an continuing welcome to the tangueros from
Bloomington who attended the milonga. From their happy faces (captured on
videotape) I trust they will be returning again (and again).

I would also especially like to thank Tom Ronquillo, the founder of our Tango
Society of Central Illinois, for the wonderful lesson in milonga. Not only
was it well attended, but it worked wonderfully. I have never seen so many
people in C-U dancing milonga so well (also proven on the videotapes).

I am also very grateful to the Guerilla Parlour Ensemble for playing at our
milonga. There are very few places in the US where people can dance to live
tango music. We are truly fortunate.

I realize that the successful milonga probably has you humming tango tunes
and practicing tango steps as you proceed down the grocery aisle. Do not
despair. There will be more opportunities for tango over the next few weeks:

Fri Feb 18 - 11-11:30 PM - Tango at the Regent Ballroom (before salsa)

Thurs Feb 24 - Sun Feb 27 - Workshops in tango, milgona, and vals by Alberto
Paz and Valorie Hart at the White Street Arts Center

Sat Mar 4 : 10 AM - Noon - Tango lesson in Bloomington with Tom Ronquillo

Sat Mar 4 : 8 - 11 PM - Milonga at the Phillips Center

Mark your calendar so you won't miss any of these opportunities to tango!!

And don't forget, there is tango Practica every Sunday night from 7-9 PM at
the White Street Arts Center.

If you've only been experiencing tango vacariously by reading the tango-list
messages, it's now time to partake directly in the tango experience. You will
never be the same again.

Details on individual upcoming events will follow.

Keep on tangoing!

Leonardo
El Leon del Tango
TangoLeon@aol.com