Hello there guys.. (SOC)

From: Sriram Shankar (oversway@ACPUB.DUKE.EDU)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 16:26:18 CDT

I had a chance to meet Kathyrn Shaeffer at the SE USABDA Amateur dance
championships held at Atlanta last weekend. It was a pleasant surprise to
see her again and a shame to hear that she moved south from Indiana. I
suspect that means you will be seeing less of her at your workshops. She
did mention that she will be up at Purdue in 2 weeks and expects to meet
some of you there. I fondly remember my time spent dancing in her company
and it brought back some good memories. And it reminds me, that I do miss
Urbana and its dance scene sometimes.

In any case, I wanted to share that with you. My hello's to all the
old-timers and greetings to the relative newcomers to the club. I hope you
are having a good time. You will find few other clubs as well organized
and run as the DI, hence utilize it well. Make the best of the Regent and
its huge dance floor as well, another commodity one seldom sees elsewhere.
And lastly but most importantly, seek out Bruce, Hilary, Tom etc and ask
them for advice. There is so much you can learn extra-curricularly.

Thanks for my 2-minutes on the soap-box, have a nice one everyone.

Sri.

Sriram Shankar, Ph.D
email: oversway@duke.edu, shank003@mc.duke.edu

Rm. 161 A, Bryan Res. Bldg, Box 3808, Radiology,
Research Drive, Duke Univ. Medical Center
Durham, NC 27708. (919) 684-7886 (O)/684-7804 (Lab)
                                (919) 684-7122 (FAX)