You can samba dance with Ricky Martin too

From: charles joseph smith (cjsmith2@STUDENTS.UIUC.EDU)
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 21:21:24 CDT

You might have heard Ricky Martin's new dance hit, "Livin' La Vida Loca".
I saw that dance video of the song on TV and it was great.

But there is something else. Since I am starting to embrace International
samba music more, I suggest you get Ricky Martin's album "Vuelve" if you
like to practice on your samba. There are three good sambas on that album:

"Lola, Lola"

This song is almost Gypsy Kings style--a little flamenco but still has
very good samba rhythm. It is 30 measures per minute.

"La Bomba"

This song has a lot of salsa-style montunos in it; perhaps, I could call
it a salsa-samba but still the samba rhythm is there. A little slower than
the previous samba--about 24 measures per minute. And finally...

"La copa y la vida"

You might have heard that famous song during the World Cup. It is a much
faster samba--about 62 measures per minute but the exciting music from the
song should keep you going.

By the way, because I couldn't graduate in Spring 1999, my school days are
still continuing. I am going to be back in the fall and look forward to
the next Dancing Illini Open Invitational, which, as I anticipate, will
fall on November 6.

Sorry, I don't have any email in my home yet. My summer address is as
follows:

Charles Smith
1710 W. 106th St., Chicago, IL 60643
(773)233-0356