Ballroom Dance Club and IUB (fwd)

regina danute pareigis (pareigis@STUDENTS.UIUC.EDU)
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 14:31:48 -0600

Hey Everyone!
I'm setting it up, I think this will be a great PR opportunity and a
wonderful chance to spread awareness of Ballroom Dance.
Regina Pareigis
Dancing Illni President 98-99

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 14:45:27 -0600 (CST)
From: "Meade C." <mcrampto@students.uiuc.edu>
To: regina danute pareigis <pareigis@students.uiuc.edu>
Cc: elizabeth ann keigher <ekeigher@students.uiuc.edu>,
wesley a t crampton <wcrampto@students.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Ballroom Dance Club and IUB (fwd)

Hi Regina!

My name is Meade Crampton and I am a co-chair for the Student Performing
Arts Committee of the Illini Union Board. SPA is hosting a dance series
this semester in the Illini Union Courtyard Cafe. So far we have had a
Swing night and a Salsa Night. Next, we are very much interested in
hosting an evening of Ballroom Dancing. I was hoping we could empoloy
you and your club members to give us a hand. Here's what participating in
the event would entail:

-A performance/demonstration of whatever dances you would like
This would last approximately 10-15 minutes.
-A lesson for all in attendance of whatever dances you
demonstrated in the performance. This should be brief, maybe
about 45 minutes.
-Open dance floor for the remainder of the evening, so people can
actually dance what they learned from you.
-You would have to provide the music, though all else will be
provided by IUB.

The program would last from 8-11. The date is Thursday April 1. IUB
would be willing to pay you a substantial sum of money for your
participation, probably somewhere between $200-$250. Please contact me no
later than Saturday March 6 at noon to let me know if you can do it. If
you have questions, feel free to email me or call me at 328-2719.

Thanks a lot for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Meade Crampton
SPA Co-Chair