Salsa Classes with Mark and Ece (fwd)

ece karatan (karatan@STUDENTS.UIUC.EDU)
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 09:12:52 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 09:11:09 -0500 (CDT)
From: ece karatan <karatan@students.uiuc.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list SALSA-L <salsa-l@postoffice.cso.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Salsa Classes with Mark and Ece

Hi,

Welcome back ( to those lucky ones who left)!!!

We will start classes this Friday - September 4th.
----------------------------
September 4 - October 9
at McKinley Foundation
(on 5th street, between Daniel and John, about 2 blocks west of the Quad)
Fridays
6 weeks/1.5 hour classes/30$ per person

Beginner Salsa-Merengue
------------------------
5:30 - 7:00
This class is for people who have never danced salsa or merengue as well
as those who have taken a beginner class before and want to get some more
practice with the basics of salsa and merengue.

In this class we teach the basic steps and turns,how to recognize and
dance to the beat, and leading and following skills ( so far we've been
able to convince all our beginning students that they don't need to watch
their and/or their partner's feet in order to be able to dance together)

Intermediate Salsa
-------------------
7:00 - 8:30
This class is for people who have taken a beginning class before ( not
necessarily from us) as well as those who know the basics and want to
learn more cool stuff!!

In this class we teach crossbody leads, outside turns, multiple turns,
slow salsa, skills to help you move around the dance floor (so you can
break from the back and forth, back and forth, back and.....).

First class is FREE!! No partner necessary! And you can join thru the
second class. That is September 11th.

If you want to repeat a class you get 10$ off.

We will also have an Advanced Salsa class ( same thing as the
Intermediate II, we'll just call it advanced for the sake of clarity)
which will start soon. I'll send a separate notice for that one.

Have a good week and hope to see you out dancing,

Mark-Ece