SOC: More Swing on Nov. 22

Greg White (ga2607@SIU.EDU)
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 07:46:57 -0600

On Nov. 3, Tania Banak <tbanak@MAIL.WIN.ORG> wrote:

>On Saturday, Nov. 22nd, you can swing-dance to your heart's content at the
>Illinois Traditional Swing Dance Contest, American Legion Hall,
>Collinsville, IL.

In case anyone's planning to head down this way that weekend, you might also
be interested in the Gateway Swing Challenge, which will take place just
across the river in St. Louis as part of the Gateway Country Classic that
same weekend. There will be workshops every hour, plenty of open dancing,
and it'll feature Barry Jones and Beata Howe, Robert Cordoba and Debbie
Dandurand, Tim Auclair and Michelle Wells, among other nationally-known
swing dancers.

This event starts on Friday at 2:00 p.m. with workshops, and then swing
dancing begins Friday night at 7:00 p.m. Workshops start again Saturday at
9:00 a.m., so you could hit the Gateway Swing Challenge Friday p.m. and
Saturday a.m., then head over to Collinsville Saturday p.m. for a great
swing weekend.

Contact me for more info. or try links through the web site at www.ucwdc.com.

BTW, I understand from a reliable source that this was the last year for the
St. Louis Swing Invitational. I'll let you know if anything comes up to
replace it.

Greg