Technique?

darcy-w@uiuc.edu ("darcy-w@uiuc.edu")
Sat, 7 Jun 1997 18:49:35 -0500

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Jeremy B. Williams wrote:

> Dancesport is the direct descendant of the DI's team match team
> from this last year. Andrew & co. formed (are forming?) a sports
> club for dance.

> The class being offered is a beginner class, more technique-oriented
> than typical DI classes, in jive, waltz, and cha. You may have heard
> Andrew talking about his ideas for it over the last few months.

What does that mean, "more technique-oriented"? Where you're
supposed to put this hand or that foot? Or something easier to see than to
describe verbally? Would this be a useful review for someone who's already
had waltz and cha-cha? Is it aimed at people who want to compete rather
than do social dancing?

Speaking of competing, I'm not sure I *can* compete, at least in
anything local, since I am not a student (am staff) and the only local
comp I recall was for students only. I tend to avoid going out of town to
overnight events.

Darcy C. Walker . . (no e-mail access at work) . .darcy-w@uiuc.edu
Music Library, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
Work: (217) 244-4073 M-F 9 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Home: (217) 337-1842 (ans. mach., no calls after midnight)
Web page: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~darcy-w/

Data -> information -&gt knowledge -&gt wisdom.