Re: Hello there people..

Jeremy B. Williams ((no email))
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 16:09:51 -0500

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Sriram Shankar wrote:

> I have been off this list, so don't know if this has been
> discussed. But, I just glanced by one of the Chemistry
> buildings today and found a flyer for the DI (good job people)
> on the bulletin board. Alongside it however, I found another
> flyer advertising a club called "Dancesport" offering lessons
> for Latin and Ballroom dances at the Krannert this summer,
> for $20/UIUC person I think.... Anyone know about this club?

Dancesport is the direct descendant of the DI's team match team
from this last year. Andrew & co. formed (are forming?) a sports
club for dance. If you look at the bottom of the flyer, it says
"Instruction provided by the competition wing of the Dancing Illini."
IOW, it's us, in a different disguise. Both flyers were almost
certainly posted by the same person yesterday.

> This isn't Ms. V's club now is it...?

No, it isn't.

> Just curious, think we may have competition for the ballroom circles...

The class being offered is a beginner class, more technique-oriented
than typical DI classes, in jive, waltz, and cha. You may have heard
Andrew talking about his ideas for it over the last few months.
It's not competition from other groups, it's just us branching out
(and playing games with the U's silly bureaucracies.)

--J
"And rain will make the flowers. . ."