INV: dance at USC

Mark Balzer (m-balzer@STUDENTS.UIUC.EDU)
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 16:08:48 -0600

Hey terpsichores,

I just received this invitation to a dance featuring the band from the
movie "Swingers" (Tony posted an article about it last week). It sounds
similar to a Mighty Blue Kings concert, but with more room to dance :-)
It's too bad that
a) USC is so far away, and
b) April 4 is the opening night of our Intercollegiate Social,
but I just thought you might like to see what kind of dance events are
being sponsored by other college dance clubs around the country.

Mark

From: Anjelica <arwright@scf.usc.edu>
Subject: 'SC Swing Party

The USC Dancing Club invites you to attend
'SC SWING NIGHT
with BIG BAD VOODOO DADDY
the band featured in the movie SWINGERS
Friday, April 4th

University of Southern California
Town and Gown Hall

FREE Swing Lesson at 7:30pm
Music until 1am

FREE Food and Refreshments
HUGE Dance Floor

The Band specializes in 40's style swing music, great for all
types of Swing Dancing (east coast, west coast, lindy hop)

Tickets:
Pre-sale At the Door
General Public $12 $15
USC Students w/ID $9 $12

USC Ticket Office: (213) 740-GOSC (4672)
Free Parking North of Campus
On Campus Parking, $6
Gate 3--off 35th and Figueroa

Directions to campus:
110 Freeway, exit Exposition, west on Expostion. Campus is at
intersection of Exposition and Figueroa. Enter campus at Gate 3.

We really hope you will be our guests for the night. We like interacting
with the other colleges in a non-competitive atmosphere. Also, if you have
not heard BBVD, they are totally awesome, one of the best swing bands out
there. If you would like to come and you are kind of far, you are welcome
to crash here with some of our team members.

Hope to see you there!

Anjelica
SC Swing Night Coordinator