Re: Budget debate and related issues (short)

Michael Baumann (mbaumann@S.PSYCH.UIUC.EDU)
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 14:18:10 -0500

> &gt I'm not saying we
> &gt don't need to deal with personality clashes, but I am saying that a
> &gt public newsgroup is an injudicious choice for the adjudication of said
> &gt clashes. I highly recommend that we take this discussion offline.
>
> Sorry, I'm not indulging in a personality clash. I tried to make
> my point without stepping on anyone's ego; maybe I could have done
> better. The issue of how to handle this kind of problem in the
> future needs to be addressed, and this, I believe is the appropriate
> forum.

I have to agree with Stu. Perhaps if this was a mailing list that went
only to "hard-core" DI, it would be an appropriate forum. HOwever, many
people who are uninvolved and unconcerned with this debate (read: people
just taking your classes) also receive these postings. As I understand
it, people in those classes often grow/get recruited into the DI. As
someone who *is* just in one of those classes, this discussion does
not give me a very high opinion of your organization or the maturity of
its officers. All of you claim to be continuing this argument in the
best interest of your organization. If this is true (and I have no
reason to doubt that it is), then continue the argument off line. Of
course, if your motives are personal, feel free to continue the argument
and see just how many shots you can put into your collective foot.

Michael R. Baumann
University of Illinois
Urbana-Champaign
SOID