SOC: Thank you Sheena! (was: HELP: I need typers!)

Mark Balzer (m-balzer@STUDENTS.UIUC.EDU)
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 18:02:15 -0500

Scott writes:
>I would like to extend a hearty "thank-you" to all who helped organize
>today, and who helped it go smoothly!

The person to thank the most for the resounding success of our Quad Day
effort is Sheena Beaverson. Sheena, our Education Co-chairperson, showed
initiative above and beyond the call of duty when she took over for our PR
Chairperson, Yahna, who could not be present today. In choreographing this
event, Sheena kept after people, assembled all the needed materials, and
didn't let any details slip by. She did a fantastic job.

There were many others who helped out today. I won't try and name them all
here, but my thanks go out to each one of them. You members willing to
take active roles are the lifeblood of our club. By doing more than just
coming to class, you guarantee that we have the courses, dances,
competitions, field trips and workshops that keep our club fresh and
exciting.

I can't begin to describe the great personal reward and sense of
accomplishment that one gets from seeing a room full of people enjoying
themselves and knowing that you were responsible. It's a tremendous high.
If you want to share in the exhilaration (and stuff your resume), come and
talk to me. We have excellent new opportunities available for several
individuals - we are currently taking nominations for our Workshop
Co-chairperson position, we need volunteers to form the Illini Union Board
Student Dances Committee, we need volunteers to lead the Swing formation
team, and we need volunteers to do various little jobs from typing to
helping out at our October 26 competition.

If you can give something back to the club that has introduced you to all
the joys of dancing, now is your chance. Don't be afraid of a little
commitment - you will get back ten times what you put in... do a great job
and you'll even get your name plastered on top thank you notes like this
one!

Mark