TANGO: Registration Open for Foundations of Tango (Plus) / DISCOUNT!!

From: Tango Society of Central Illinois (tango.society@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2010 - 22:38:52 CST

SPRING TANGO SPECIAL!! 9 weeks of instruction for the cost of 6!

Registration is now open for:

Foundations of Tango (Plus)
Thursdays 8-9:30 PM
March 11 - May 6 (8 weeks)
+ Supplementary Lesson March 25 (U of I Spring Break)
Cost: $40 / $30 university students ($10 rebate in class)
- No partner or experience required

at the Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W Stoughton Urbana.

- If you live inside Champaign-Urbana city limits:

To register: Call 367-1544 or go to the Phillips Center Mon-Fri 8 AM -
6 PM. Payment is by cash, check, or credit card. (Credit card only by
phone.)

- If you live outside Champaign-Urbana, contact us for registration information.

- Those registering by this Friday March 5 will be guaranteed
admission to the course. After that, registration may be limited if
there is a gender imbalance.

Enrollment in Foundations of Tango gives you free admission to our
Tango Club Nights in our Los Amigos Tango Cafe at the Phillips Center.
(Dates: Saturdays 3/13, 4/3, 4/17, 5/1).

Foundations of Tango gives you the skills to dance tango socially at
our milongas (tango club nights). With this expanded course, you will
learn even more.

Tango Society instructors Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel teach
Argentine Tango as it is danced in the tango dance salons of Buenos
Aires, not an Americanized version. This is the authentic Argentine
Tango, an urban folk dance, characterized by creative improvisation
using a small set of relatively simple movements, danced in a close
embrace. The music of tango is captivating, and very soothing and
often mesmerizing to those who surrender to its rhythm and melodies.

Ron & Susana have been teaching Argentine Tango since 2001, and travel
annually to Buenos Aires to study with masters of the dance and
experience tango social dancing in the culture which created it. It is
this environment that the Tango Society of Central Illinois recreates
in our tango social dances (milongas), which we host about 20 times
per year. We offer instruction from beginner to advanced levels to
enable dancers to gain competence in experiencing this unique dance
which is like no other, and is known to be addictive for those who
allow tango to enter their lives. If you are willing to take the risk
of finding a pleasurable dance experience like no other, then you
should join our classes and come to our milongas.

Our Tango Society of Central Illinois is a friendly group of people
from a range of ages and diverse ethnic, cultural and geographic
backgrounds who share the enjoyment of tango. (Enrollment in our
courses automatically gives you membership in the Tango Society.)

Our milongas are held in a tango cafe atmosphere, where people have
ample opportunity to socialize. So join us to learn tango
and make some new friends.

We look forward to seeing you in class.

For more information about our program, check out our website:
http://www.centraltango.com

Ron & Susana