Mon Mar 26: Close Embrace Tango Express Course starts @ Phillips Center

From: Tango Society of Central Illinois (tango.society@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2007 - 22:33:57 CDT

    Starting Monday after University of Illinois Spring Break:

    Close Embrace Tango Express
    Mondays 8:30-10 PM
    Mar 26 - Apr 20 (6 wks)
    $40

    @ the Phillips Recreation Center
    505 W Stoughton, Urbana

    This 6 week course is an accelerated introduction to tango in close embrace.
    Material covered includes the technique of close embrace, fundamentals of
    musicality (tango, milonga & vals) and navigation (rock steps for changing
    direction), as well as the core elements of the cross, ocho cortado, forward
    ocho, and back ocho.
    For those who are new to tango, this is a rapid means of acquiring basic
    tango skills. After completion of this course, you should be able to dance
    tango comfortably at milongas.

    For thos who have danced tango before, but have not had extensive formal
    instruction in the close embrace milonguero style that is danced in the
    milongas of Buenos Aires, this is an excellent opportunity to rapidly gain
    the basic skills of dancing tango in close embrace, which is necessary for
    attending any of the larger tango festivals, or any time the dance floor
    gets crowded.

    For those who have taken some of our classes and sponsored workshops
    previously, but who have not been dancing tango recently, this is an
    excellent way to refresh you memory.
    For those who are experienced close embrace tango dancers and are receiving
    this e-mail because you are only one of the dance lists, please tell your
    friends about this class.

    Our classes provide a friendly learning environment. We provide a lot of
    practice to great tango music that is easy to dance to.

    For further information, please contact us. Also visit our web site to learn
    more about our tango program.

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Tango Society of Central Illinois
    http://www.centraltango.com