Feb 9-11: Tango Weekend at Phillips Center with Crash Course for Beginners (Fri) + More

From: Tango Society of Central Illinois (tango.society@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 23:45:30 CST

    All details (and registration form) at:

    http://www.centraltango.com/TangoInstruction/AliciaRobertWorkshopsFeb07.htm

    All events at the Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W Stoughton, Urbana.

    For beginners to tango:

    (1) Fri Feb 9: 7:30-9:30 PM Workshop with Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
         "Intensive Introduction to Tango in Close Embrace"
         Cost: $15 ($10 students)
    - includes subsequent milonga until 1 AM ($10 if not taking workshop)

    Follow-up course (appropriate for social dancers, which all of you are):

    (2) Sat Feb 10: 1:30-4:45 PM Workshop with Robert Hauk (Portland OR)
         "The Core of Milonguero Style Tango"
         Cost: $40 ($25 students)

    DISCOUNT: Milonguero Training Pass = (1) + (2) above + Sat evening
    milonga ($15 value) = $60 ($40 students) for 5 hr workshops + 2
    milongas

    Our tango weekends are a lot of fun. We get dancers from other nearby
    tango communities, with dancers from Chicago, St Louis, Iowa City,
    Indianapolis, and Fort Wayne already registered.

    Join us for a tango immersion.

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Tango Society of Central Illinois
    http://www.centraltango.com