Oct 13-16: 3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta is next Weekend

From: Ron Weigel (tango.society@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2006 - 22:51:07 CDT

    3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta
    Fri - Mon Oct 13-16, 2006
    Phillips Recreation Center
    505 W Stoughton, Urbana

    Complete Fiesta information is available at:

    http://www.centraltango.com

    What a great chance to learn tango!

    Next weekend we are hosting the 3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta.
    This is an annual gathering of over 100 tango dancers from around the
    Midwest, with some great workshops by some of the best tango
    instructors in the close embrace style in the US, and many
    opportunities to dance - 3 milongas (Fri, Sat & Sun). Even though our
    annual festival attracts some of the best dancers in the Midwest, the
    festival is also beginner friendly. The nice things about the close
    embrace style is that it is easy to learn and so even beginners feel
    comforable dancing socially, yet it offers so many possibilities for
    growth in the long run, your thirst for knowledge and improvement may
    never be saturated.

    What do we offer beginners? There is an entire beginner track (Track
    B). Start on Friday night with Ron & Susana's "Introduction to Tango
    in Close Embrace", a 2 hr intro tango crash course. Continue on
    Saturday with Yelena Sinelnikova & Avik Basu, the lead instructors
    from Ann Arbor MI, the country's largest close embrace tango
    community. Yelena & Avik are also regular instructors at the annual
    Labor Day tango festival in Denver, the largest close embrace tango
    festival in the US. The material in the Saturday workshops build on
    Friday's workshop and the package will help you become a good entry
    level social tango dancer.

    Here are packages we are offering beginners to tango:

    (1) Friday Night Tango Introduction
        $20 ($10 students)
    - includes introductory workshop with Ron & Susana (7:30-9:30 PM) +
    milonga until 1:30 PM

    (2) Beginner Pass
        $60 ($40 students)
    - includes Friday night events + 2 Saturday afternoon (1:30-4:30 PM)
    beginner level workshops with Yelena & Avik + Saturday evening tango
    film documentary hosted by Barbara Durr (Atlanta GA) [8 PM] + Saturday
    evening milonga (until 2 AM) + Sunday noon ('til 2 PM) practice
    session.

    If at the end of the Beginner Pass you still have a thirst for tango,
    you may upgrade to a Weekend Pass ($100, $60 students), which adds 2
    Sunday afternoon (2-5 PM) advanced beginner level workshops with
    Yelena & Avik + a Sunday early evening milonga (5-9 PM).

    The Fiesta is an excellent opportunity to nail down your basic tango
    skills while having a lot of fun dancing and meeting new people.

    After completing the Beginner Pass workshops, you will be ready for
    Tango 2, our second course in tango that will run on Monday nights
    from Oct 23 to Nov 13 (4 weeks for $30), so you have the opportunity
    to continue your tango education.

    We look forward to seeing you at the Tango Fiesta next weekend.

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Tango Society of Central Illinois
    Urbana IL