Oct 13-16: Immerse yourself in Tango at our 3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta

From: Ron Weigel (tango.society@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 17:21:35 CDT

    Oct 13-16: Tango Festival at Phillips Center in Urbana

    You've wanted to learn tango, but haven't found the time. It is too
    late to attend the courses that start early in the semester. However,
    it is not too late to get a jump start into learning tango.

    The 3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta will take place at the
    Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W Stoughton, Urbana during the weekend
    of October 13-16, 2006. This is our annual tango main event, with
    highly reputable guest instructors giving workshops at all levels,
    dances Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and over 100 people from around
    the Midwest. There is a lot of energy, a lot of fun, and great
    opportunities to learn tango.

    We are assuming that if you have had tango experience, you are on
    another list, so we will address our comments to beginners.

    We have designed our program so that beginners to tango can
    participate and benefit. There is a 2 hour introductory tango workshop
    Friday evening (7:30-9:30 PM), followed by a tango dance until 1:30
    AM. On Saturday afternoon there is a beginner track of 2 workshops
    (1:30-4:30 PM) to advance upon what you have learned on Friday. On
    Saturday evening there is a documentary film presentation on tango in
    Argentina (8-9:30 PM), followed by a dance until 2 AM.

    For those of you who learn dance rapidly, we also invite you to
    participate in the Advanced Beginner workshops on Sunday afternoon.

    We have the following packages available for beginners:

    Friday Night Newcomer Pass: $20 ($10 for students)
    - Introductory Tango Workshop (7:30-9:30 PM)
    - Milonga (social dance) (9:30 PM - 1:30 AM)

    Beginner Pass: $60 ($40 students)
    = Friday Night Newcomer Pass
    + 2 Saturday Afternoon Beginner Workshops
    + Saturday evening film presentation (8:00-9:30 PM)
    + Saturday night Milonga (9:30 PM - 2 AM)
    + Sunday afternoon practice session (Noon - 2 PM)

    Advanced Beginner (Weekend Pass)
    = Beginner Pass
    + 2 Sunday Afternoon Advanced Beginner Workshops (2:00-5:00 PM)
    + Sunday evening Milonga (5:00 - 9:00 PM)

    Complete information is available on our web site. Go to our home page:

    http://www.centraltango.com

    and click on the link to the 3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta.

    This is a good time to immerse yourself in tango and come away with
    enough expertise to dance comfortable at our milongas.

    We look forward to seeing you that weekend.

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Tango Society of Central Illinois
    Urbana IL