Sat July 8 - Tango Crash Course / Follow-up Course Mon July 10

From: Ron Weigel (tango.society@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2006 - 15:28:41 CDT

    Another opportunity to get started (or get back to) tango
    at the Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W Stoughton, Urbana

    Saturday July 8: 7:15 - 9:30 PM (included 15 min. break)
    TANGO CRASH COURSE [Cost: $10]
    - An introduction to tango in close embrace, with an emphasis on
    partner connection, musicality, and basic navigational skills

    Stay for the MILONGA (tango social dance)
    9:30 PM - 12:30 AM

    Those taking the crash course will be able to enroll in Tango 2
    without a loss in material taught.
    - Tell your friends! If you've been away from tango for a while, the
    TANGO CRASH COURSE will also be good for you.
    _____________________

    Next week - Monday

    Tango 2 - Beyond the Basics
    Mondays 8:30 - 10 PM
    July 10, 17, 24, 31
    Cost: $30
    - This course focuses on numerous ways of getting to the cross,
    particularly the linear walk and various forms of the ocho cortado.
    The emphasis is on using these elements in navigation and applying
    them within the musical structure of tango, milonga, and vals.

    Tango 2 is a good referesher course for those who have been away from
    close embrace tango for a while and are looking for a place to return.
    It is the pre-requisite course for all Level 3 courses (we have 4 of
    them now).

    We look forward to seeing you in class. If you have any questions, just ask.

    As always, our activites are centered at the Phillips Recreation
    Center, 505 W Stoughton, Urbana.

    We'd love to see you dancing with us.

    Ron & Susana
    www.centraltango.com