Fri - Sun Mar 10-12: Tango Weekend with Alex Krebs (Portland OR) at Phillips Center

From: Ron Weigel (tango.society@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 02:16:21 CST

    The Tango Society of Central Illinois is pleased to announce that we
    will be hosting workshops and milongas (tango social dances) with Alex
    Krebs from Portland, OR as guest instructor and DJ, during the
    upcoming weekend of March 10-12. All activities will be at the
    Phillips Recreation Center, 505 West Stoughton, Urbana. Alex's
    workshops will focus on tango musicality. There will also be an
    introduction to tango in close embrace workshop on Friday evening,
    from 8-9:30 PM, followed by a tango dance until 1 AM ($15, $10 for
    students, for the whole evening).

    Details are on our web page:

    http://www.centraltango.com/TangoInstruction/AlexKrebsWeekendMar2006.htm

    or go to our home page

    http://www.centraltango.com/

    and follow the link.

    Alex is a highly acclaimed and very popular tango instructor. He is in
    high demand for tango festivals, and he teaches regularly in the US
    and in Europe. Alex is also a professional musician - he plays
    bandoneon in his Conjunto Berretin, one of the few American tango
    bands to record tango CDs.

    Join us for a great weekend of tango. We will have out-of-town guests
    from Chicago, St Louis, Indianapolis, Purdue University, Iowa, and
    Wisconsin. Our tango weekends are not only educational, but are also a
    lot of fun and an opportunity to meet a lot of new people.

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Instructors & Organizers
    Tango Society of Central Illinois