$$ CREOLE DANCE EVENT NEEDS SPONSORS $$

From: jencart (jencart@MYCIDCO.COM)
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 19:45:06 CST

    Dear Supporters of Creole Music and Dance,

    Sorry for the short notice, but this was just finalized yesterday!

    Great news!! Please help us spread the word!!

    A WONDERFUL group of musicians -- The Morris Ardoin Creole Quartet and Friends -- will be playing for your dancing and listening pleasure on Tuesday evening, December 6th in 314A Illini Union!!

    The band includes Morris Ardoin: vocals, accordion; Dennis Stroughmatt: fiddle, accordion, vocals; Jennifer Stroughmatt: rubboard, triangle, and vocals; Jon Watson, drums......and others.

    The U of I Department of French is supporting Creole (Black French) language and culture, and has signed on as principal co-sponsor, so we're halfway there re meeting our financial obligations to the band.
    ALLONS DANSEZ!!!!

    We are hoping that additional groups and/or individuals would be willing to help co-sponsor this event. ANY amount is acceptable -- and VERY welcome.

    Group and individual names -- but not the actual amount contributed -- will be listed as co-sponsors. We have not as yet determined the admission charge -- if any -- for the event. In any event, ALL sponsors will be admitted free of charge.

    THIS DANCE WILL HAPPEN regardless of the amount raised, as one or two of us have agreed to cover any shortfall. If your $upport exceeds what is needed for the event currently planned -- a 30-minute dance workshop, followed by a 90-minute dance -- we will pay the band/extend the dance for an additional 30-60 minutes.

    Please make your checks out to Dennis Stroughmatt, and mail them as soon as possible to --

    Jenifer Cartwright
    503 Hessel Blvd
    Champaign, IL 61820-6407

    Thanks,